Summer Camp Leader
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated Summer Camp Leaders for our summer camps for school-aged children July 3 to August 25, 2023.
We are hiring both a full day camp leader (25hrs / week) and part day camp leader (10 – 15hrs / week).
You are a team player committed to the community. You are courteous and effective with the public and enjoy working with a diverse group of people. You must be able to prepare and lead a wide variety of programs and activities including sports, arts and crafts, games, outdoor exploration and walking trips to parks. You are highly enthusiastic and capable of motivating and encouraging others.
You will be responsible for promoting a positive, healthy and safe environment for kids. In addition, you must be able to work effectively with children, and work closely and cooperatively with parents and facility staff, while providing safe, quality camp programs.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize and provide leadership for children and youth activities
- Creative, enthusiastic and enjoy working with children and young people
- Creative and active. Won’t have any issues coming up with games, activities and arts and crafts to entertain the children
- Can organize games and activities, crafts and is proficient in basic set-up and clean up or activities
- Babysitting course or basic first aid is a bonus
- You will be responsible for overseeing and supervising children ages 5 – 10
- You’re comfortable overseeing a group of up to 12 children independently.
- You’re comfortable travelling by foot or on public transportation with a group of children
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are important
- You will be creative and able to setup and lead arts and crafts activities as well as explain and lead games
- You’re comfortable taking children on (short) walking adventures to different activities
- 16+ years of age (for those under 16, please contact us about work experience opportunities)
- Some secondary or post secondary education
- Babysitting course or basic first aid
- Experience working with grous of children (previouse camp leader, volunteer, babysitting, nanny, daycare etc.)
- Experience working with groups
- ECE student or graduate not nessicary but prefered
Free unlimited gym membership & classes for you and a friend for June, July & August
Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday
9am – 3:00pm (Aprox. 15 – 30hrs / week)
July 3 – August 25
8:45am – 9:00am Set up and prepare for kids arrival
9:00am – 10am Ice breaker game and arts and crafts
10:00am – 10:30am Kids Snack
10:30am – 11:30am Break (during Jiu Jitsu Class)
11:30am – 1:30pm Walk to Shipyards, lunch, water park play, bowling or other lunchtime activity
1:30pm – 2pm Walk back to Hero, get cleaned up and ready for class
2:00pm – 2:30pm Break (during kickboxing class)
2:30pm – 3:00pm Clean up, say goodbye to kids, prepare for following day
Applicants may send applications along with resume, references and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org